Sugar prices in Tanzania
MAXIMUM OF WHOLESALE AND RETAIL OF SUGAR PRICES IN
- The Government of Tanzania, through Government Notice No. 284 published on April 24, 2020 (made under Section 4(2)(e) and Section 11 (A) of the Sugar Industry Act, CAP. 251) issued an order on maximum wholesale and retail prices of sugar for each region in Tanzania. The order is cited as Sugar Industry (Indicative Price of Sugar) Order, 2020.
- The Order shall remain in force from 24th April 2020 until June 30, 2020. We anticipate another order will then be issued.
- The Sugar Board, in consultation with other Authorities, monitor compliance with this Order.
- The Prices will be reviewed by the Sugar Board from time to time as the need may arise.
- Violation of the Order is punishable by imprisonment of up to two (2) years or a fine, or both. If it is the body corporate that has violated the Order, the body corporate and its Directors and Managers at the time of the commission of the offence, shall be punished.
MAXIMUM WHOLESALE AND RETAIL SUGAR PRICES FOR EACH REGION
|SN||REGION||WHOLESALE PRICE 50KG||WHOLESALE PRICE 1KG||RETAIL PRICE|
|13.||DAR ES SALAAM||127,000||2,540||2,600|
Should you require our services on any of the above, kindly contact us.
This publication has been prepared for information purposes only, and it does not constitute professional advice. You should not act upon the information contained in this publication without obtaining specific professional advice. No representation or warranty (express or implied) is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this publication, and, to the extent permitted by law, Afrilex Associates, its members, employees and agents do not accept or assume any liability, responsibility or duty of care for any consequences of you or anyone else acting, or refraining to act, in reliance on the information contained in this publication or for any decision based on it.